"While dictators rage and statesmen talk, all Europe dances — to The Lambeth Walk."

Wednesday 4 March 2009

The Battle for Britain

Wing Commander Bob Foster, of the Battle of Britain Fighter Association, has slammed the British National Party for using images of the RAF taking on the Luftwaffe in their new European Parliament election campaign.

Wing Commander Foster, 88, said:

"This really is quite disgusting. We risked our lives fighting Nazism and these people are using us. It's not the sort of Britain we went to fight for."

Mr Foster, I have the utmost respect for you, more than I could ever adequately put into words.
But in all seriousness, is the country we currently live in the Britain you fought for? Honestly?

Incidentally, where were you when mass immigration began to get out of hand? When Britain joined the EEC and it became the EU? When the government and all the major parties began to work against Britain rather than for her?

I take it Mr Foster does have an opinion on fascistic measures like ID cards, 40 day detention, DNA databases - and the press simply won't quote him.

But in all seriousness, is the BNP putting a picture of a Spitfire on a leaflet the most pressing political issue of the day?

I'm not a supporter myself, but really. The party currently in power are the most dangerous, Mr Foster - they've squandered your country and the ideals you fought for and are using you as a mouthpiece.

They've no shame.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent post. I support you on this. I too would have the utmost respect for Mr Foster but he is misguided in his criticism. Whatever people views of the BNP they have the country first among their priorities.

Dr.D said...

Mr. Foster and his colleagues defended Britain in a critical time, but he fails to recognize the critical nature of the present time.

I'm not a member of the BNP (I am an American), but from where I sit, it looks like a pretty good idea. We have recently seen the founding of the American National Party, following somewhat on the lines of the BNP, and I am watching that with close interest as well.

I see a lot to commend a party that makes the well being of the native stock of the nation its prime concern.

The 1st Earl of Cromer said...

Liberty:

I suspect he must get sick of much about modern Britain, I just doubt the Mirror would be as quick to quote him if he accused New Labour of being fascist in outlook.

Must toe the party line, after all.

It's sad really that so many people are misguided about so much these days.

The 1st Earl of Cromer said...

Dr. D:

I too keep an eye on such parties, as I do all parties. I won't say too much now as I plan a post on this fairly soon.

I think part of the problem is name calling has been so over used it just doesn't work anymore, and much of it is beginning to look like the hypocrisy it is.